Friday, June 24, 2016

One More Step

Acts 20:24 – “However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.” 
     Last evening my son Steven and I ventured to Stone Mountain Park and walked the circumference of the base of the mountain which is roughly about 5 miles. We accomplished our venture in about 90 minutes and we both felt exhilarated in our quest. We both enjoy the outdoors and prefer to exercise in the open air rather than inside a gym. About 2 months ago I pulled my right hamstring muscles and was hobbling around for a bit as I coaxed and pampered my leg back into active use. Because it was painful to walk distances I started with about a mile and then over the past few weeks I have graduated up to about 3 miles at each outing. Well yesterday I decided to push the envelope a little and challenge myself to move onward in my quest for physical fitness. 
     As we started on our walk we kept a brisk pace and less than a ½ mile in my leg started to throb a bit. I stretched and continued to push onward. I told myself surely you can do at least 3 miles so don’t get distracted. When the hills came, I gave God praise for helping me get in condition and I encouraged myself to just keep putting one foot in front of the other and take just one more step. Soon the soreness dissipated and the muscles got into rhythm and the miles went back. My only aim was to finish the course and complete the task I had before me. The beginning might have been a bit rough but by the end my son and I were chatting away and enjoying the breeze and even contemplating what our next fitness outing would encompass.
     All God wants us to do is to do our best to complete the task before us. Trust that he has prepared us for what lies ahead and that we just have to dig down deep and take one step at a time. Soon the time, the distance, the projects, the classwork, the therapies, the chores and the race will be completed. Take it a step at a time and keep going. Don’t worry about the challenges or oppositions; keep pressing on. Each hill we encountered might have been a strain but the benefit to our muscular and cardiovascular systems and overall health is immeasurable. You have what it takes to make it and it just takes you to resolve in your mind that you must keep moving. 
     Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a GREAT day. Don’t be distracted – stay focused on your purpose! Have a great weekend; see you on Monday!  Be blessed! Dr. JoAnn

Those of you in the metro-Atlanta area we are having a community yard/garage sale on tomorrow (Saturday, June 25th 8:00am – 4:00pm) Rainbow Creek subdivision. 
Rainbow Drive between Wesley Chapel and Columbia Drive, Decatur 30034.   Look for the red and white signs.   - Everything from furniture to fashions. ( I have lots of nice full-figure items that I can no longer wear - come and check us out and tell a friend)


No comments:

Post a Comment