Thursday, June 30, 2016

Uniquely Special

Romans 12:4 -“For as in one body we have many members, and not all the members have the same function”
     This evening there will be a home-going celebration service for my good friend Harrison who transitioned to be with our Creator. Later this morning I plan to visit with the earthly remains of my good friend Harrison at the mortuary…some call it a ‘viewing’ but I prefer to call it a visit.
     As children of the Most High God we are all created in his image, but as unique and special members of one body we all possess different qualities for different purposes. When I reminisce about our time together over the past 15 years one thing is for sure, Harrison was uniquely special. He was a man of great talent, compassion, thoughtfulness and humor. No matter how a situation presented itself Harrison could find a way to make anyone laugh and enjoy the moment. I am so glad that in our times together we never hesitated to let each other know how we felt. Harrison often teased me but he made it remarkably clear that I was special to him and he cherished the time we spent together. Although his death was so untimely (to us – but not to God) I have no regrets. We left very little unsaid or undone. We dined, we critiqued, we cried, we fussed, we worshipped, we praised, we prayed, we traveled and most of all we laughed and enjoyed a great friendship together.
     Each of us is exceptional in a special way to God and he delights in seeing us use our matchless qualities to enhance the overall body of believers. Harrison was superb at that and I often told him. Take time today to make sure you let those you care about know that they are uniquely special and that the gifts and talents they bring to the body of Christ cannot be brought by anyone else. Have no regrets.
     Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a GREAT day! Don’t be distracted; stay focused on your purpose. Be blessed! Dr. JoAnn

I miss you Harrison, Rest In Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment