Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Drink the Water

John 4:14 – “But anyone who drinks the water I give will never be thirsty again. The water I give people will be like a spring flowing inside them. It will bring them eternal life.”
     Scientists, doctors, nutritionists, athletic trainers and others all tout about the many benefits of being hydrated and maintaining good water consumption habits; yet I often struggle to get in the required amounts of water each day. Not because there is a lack of supply or a lack of knowledge of its advantages, but somehow I struggle to drink what I know is great for my metabolism, skin, joints and overall health well-being. I am aware of my lack and therefore I conscientiously work at prodding myself to get better. I try different types of water; different pH levels, different flavored waters, and I keep a bottle of water within arm’s distance to remind me to give it all I have to make my hydration quota for the day a reality.
     Just like the physical water that we must drink to sustain life, we must also take in adequate amounts of spiritual water to bring us eternal life. We must do whatever is necessary to keep the living water of Christ flowing inside of us. Jesus is the living water that sustains us; therefore daily as we read our Word, share our testimonies and offer our praise we take in the water which causes us to never thirst again.
     Just as I seek various ways to keep physical water within arm’s length to remind me to drink; please keep the living Word of God close to you in various ways to remind you to drink in the living water that brings eternal life. Post scriptures on your dashboard, refrigerator, desk or treadmill to remind you that while you go about your daily living, the living water of Jesus is flowing within you.
     Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a victoriously GREAT day! Be blessed! Rev. Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment