Monday, July 23, 2018

Strength to Endure

Isaiah 41:10- “[F]ear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
     Yesterday I was blessed to attend two inspirational church services where I brought the message of hope though sermons I entitled – “God Is…” I spoke of our need to remember whose we are and who we serve. God is our all and all and there is no need to fear the ‘craziness’ of our present world or the uncertainty of our future. . Scripture tells us that as followers of Jesus Christ we will have persecution, but to count it all joy for we know that anything that happens to us now is only temporal, as we are preparing for life eternal.
     I spoke about the state of the church and for believers to remember the words of Paul to the Corinthians that basically reminded us that our true calling is in following the example of Christ and in doing so we will face tribulation but to not lose heart. We must not grow weary in well doing and we need not fear anything or anyone.
     From both services although I was the ‘preacher of the hour’ I gleaned so much. It is amazing how the Word of God can invigorate, inspire and rejuvenate all at the same time; for both the proclaimer and the hearer. In each instance as I proceeded to prepare to share my thoughts, I asked for renewed strength and vitality. Whatever is on your plate or on the front burner or top of your to-do list, be assured that if it is in alignment with God’s plan for you – He will strengthen you for the task; provide your resources and uphold you through whatever processes or procedures you must endure for its completion.
    God is faithful and long-suffering. He will not allow you to fail as long as you do not give up or give in. He will uphold you with his grace, mercy and power. Give God thanks today for his help and watch him make your tomorrows a reality.     Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a GREAT day! Be blessed! Rev. Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment