Thursday, July 19, 2018

Vouching!

1 Timothy 1:12 (GNV):  “Therefore I thank him which hath made me strong, that is, Christ Jesus our Lord: for he counted me faithful, and put me in his service”
      One of my responsibilities as an educator and consultant is that I am often called upon by my students and those whom I counsel is to write recommendations as they apply for various scholarships, admissions or employment.  It is a privilege to stand with another as they show the evidence of their hard work, long trials, multiple studies, and numerous skill development programs.  I am thankful that God allowed me to be in the position to assist others to move on to another level in their academic and/or career development and I do not take it lightly.   I give God praise and thanks for how keeps us through all the rigors of advancement and provides opportunities for progress. 
      I am thankful for all who have ever ‘vouched’ for me; stood up for me; nominated me; pushed and supported me. And I am always responsive and thankful when I can be of service to help others along their journey.  When you are called upon to stand in the gap for someone – do it with honor and remember those who helped you and give God praise! 
     Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make is a GREAT day.  Be blessed! Rev. Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment